Start Competing Again, Get Social.
Opportunity is the first element of action. Using social media can help you gain more from your conventional marketing efforts.
Don’t lose potential customers to some of your top competitors by not utilizing social media. There’s not much to lose, but so much to gain. Start competing again, get social. In followup to our last post about social media, we found this information in a post from Forbes that illustrates the importance of social media in marketing.
In a study from HubSpot, 92% of marketers in 2014 claimed that social media marketing was important for their business, with 80% indicating their efforts increased traffic to their websites.
From sources at Social Media Examiner, 97% of marketers are currently participating in social media, but 85% aren’t sure which tools are best to use. We are here for the 85%.
1. Increased Brand Recognition-Increase you visibility. It’s a new place to share your content and brand’s voice. This makes you more easily accessible to new customers, and makes you more familiar with current customers. Let potential customers become better acquainted with your brand.
2. Improved Brand Loyalty-Reports show that companies and marketers who engage on Social Media have more loyal customers. 53% of Americans who follow brands on social media are more loyal to those brands.
3. More Opportunities to Convert-Every post is a possible conversion. Building a following gives access to potential customers, current customers, and old customers. Positive interaction increases the potential for a customer to visit your site and become a conversion.
4. Higher conversion rates-Social media marketing increases conversion rates. It humanizes your brand, builds trust and makes your brand more relatable. Studies have shown that social media has a 100% higher lead-to-close ratio than outbound marketing.
5. Higher Brand Authority-Customers are more than likely using social media platforms to review, compliment or share your brand and therefore reach new audiences. The more you’re talked about, the more valuable you become. Visibility can skyrocket.
6. Increased Inbound Traffic-Not using social media restricts you to traffic that is already familiar with your brand or company and individuals searching keywords relevant to your brand or company. Every social media profile opens a new door to your site.
7. Decreased Marketing Costs-84% of marketers found that 6 hours of effort per week was enough to generate increased traffic. That could break down to about an hour a day to develop content which will produce results. Paid advertisements on social media are often fairly reasonable as well. Starting small is the key.
8. Better Search Engine Rankings-SEO captures relevant traffic from search engines. Google often calculates a company’s ranking based on social media presence. Being socially active is a positive signal to search engines. Social Media becomes your sponsor endorsing your brand credibility and trustworthiness.
9. Richer Customer Experiences-Social Media is a communication channel like email or phone calls. This is the ideal place to display your customer service and build your relationships. It’s all very personable.
10. Improved Customer Insights-Using Social Media allows you to monitor traffic and get valuable insight about what your customers and followers want to see and hear from you. It’s easy to segment your content based on certain interest groups.
If you need help to start competing again, get started with social media marketing learn more here.